Your Feedback

Your Feedback

We are committed to continuous improvement and encourage feedback from our students, employers, visitors, and staff about our courses and the quality of the services we provide. We receive many complimentary messages and they are greatly appreciated by our committed and excellent staff, but we also wish to hear about any causes for concern.

How to contact us

For general enquiries, queries and comments please email

Causes for concern

All students, parents or employers should, in the first instance, contact their tutor.

Formal complaints

We encourage students, parents, employers and members of the community to resolve issues and disagreements informally, where possible. In the rare event that a matter cannot be dealt with in an informal way, the Complaints Procedure will be put into operation. This sets out the stages and timescales for formal complaints and appeals.

Higher Education

For Higher Education Students, the complainant will use the college complaints procedure in the first instance. A Completion of Procedures letter will be issued to the complainant at the close of all complaints. If, once the college complaints procedure has taken place, the complainant is still unsatisfied then s/he retains the right to pursue the matter further with the relevant university or directly with the OIA.

Oxford Brookes University Students


All students studying on a programme which leads to an award from Oxford Brookes University will follow the Complaints Regulations as set out by the University. Please refer to the Flow Diagram for Collaborative Provision for additional guidance and email to begin the process.

Academic Appeals

An Academic Appeal is an appeal against an academic decision made by a Board of Examiners regarding a student’s grade and/or progression on their course. All appeals against the decision of an examination committee should be made directly to Oxford Brookes University as per the Academic Appeals Regulations. To begin this process students should complete the Appeals Form and email this form to or hand in it at the Student Central desk in the John Henry Brookes Building on Headington Campus.

The Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA)

Before bringing a complaint to the OIA, a complainant must complete the college’s internal complaints or appeals procedures. If you are not satisfied with the college’s final decision and would like the OIA to review your complaint, you should complete an OIA Complaint Form and submit this, along with the Completion of Procedures letter. The OIA must receive the signed OIA Complaint Form within 12 months of the date of the Completion of Procedures Letter; otherwise they will consider your complaint to be out of time.